Sunday, April 09, 2006

Another Entry On The List Of Professions I Wasn't Meant To Work In

Hair Stylist.

So yeah, my hair has been getting kind of long, especially in the back and when I woke up today I decided to do something about it. No more $42.00 haircuts for me. Every place you can get a haircut in Japan is filled with "stylists" not ordinary barbers. This title lets them tack on an additional $15.00 to even the most mundane of haircuts. The last guy I went to here was good and gave an excellent scalp massage but, he was not $42.00 good. And on top of that, he didn't take enough off and I ended up trimming it down a tad when I got home.

Anywho, today I gave myself a full blown haircut and while not the most horrible cut I have ever seen on a person, its nowhere near great. I would call it passable....barely. Either way, my hair grows so fast, I am not too bothered by it. The only thing that annoys me is the fact that you can definitely tell I am right handed due to the uneven cut but I am not sure how to totally correct for it. Oh well, it all grows back and its not too bad. If anything, I have given the Japanese people a legitimate reason to gawk at me now other than my being white.

On another note, I am going to an event tonight. I am not sure exactly how to describe it so I am just calling it an event. There is a bar in town called Sound Ratt and I guess it is where all of the live music venues play while in Fukuchiyama. Either way, they are having what they call, Tattoo Gig, tonight. In theory, there are going to be a couple of DJs and a couple of bands and four tattoo studios from Osaka and the surrounding area. What they will be doing there, I am not sure. I do not know whether they are giving tattoos or just showing off some of their work in order to get people into their shops. Either way, I am intrigued and will be going to it tonight. Part of me says there is no way they would be doing ink jobs in a crowded bar due solely to the fact that when people drink, the alchohol thins out their blood and they bleed more. That is why most tattoo shops I know of will never tat anyone drunk. But then again, this is Japan and I have seen some strange stuff here so who knows. All I know is that I like tattoos, I like DJs, and I like drinking. Oh yeah, I also like women with tasteful, not scary tattoos. So this evening has the makings of something that will be entertaining if nothing else and if they are giving tattoos, then I may leave with another one. Who knows? Anywho, I will report more when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home