Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Pad

Ok, here are some long awaited pics of my swinging bachelor pad. The motto for this apartment is "Think Small".

Here is the entry way:


This is the kitchen, notice how Batman and some of his foes maintain silent vigilance over the kitchen from atop my microwave and fridge:



Here is the "living room" with my comfy chair and my keitai, charging on it. Keitai is Japanese for cell phone and most cell phones here have little toys that dangle off of them like mine does:





This is the bathroom:



And finally, an area that I have dubbed the "love nest", my bed:



Here are my dryer and washer:





The closet, I use one half for clothes and the other is for storage. There is a television in there but I never use it. If anything, Japanese public television is more pointless than its American counterpart and therefore, the tv is relegated to the closet:



I am sorry it took so darned long to get this post done. I was meaning to have it done several days ago and then spring time went away and Fukuchiyama got hit by a small blizzard making it hard to type from the roof. After that, it turned into freaking monsoon season here so again, the roof was out. Life in my apartment is pretty good, in a week and a half, internet will finally get installed. It should have been at the end of this next week but as fate would have it, I have a meeting the day the installer was to hook it all up and therefore, I had to change dates. But anywho, you can now say that you have seen the internals of a Japanese apartment. Oh, and just so you know, my apartment is considered a "company man's apartment" they are small because they are designed to be occupied by basically single, working-class, guys. There are bigger and better apartments in Japan, but I know my rent is less in the one I am in now. :)

5 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a tight little pad you've got there. I like the absence of clutter. It is quite cozy and 1337 like a company man should be!

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of your place. If I find a place as nice in Seattle (that I can afford), I will be a happy little monster.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! It's neat and tidy. And I want a mogwai charm but I don't have a place on my cell to hold charms.

xoxo The Sister Lam

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Gizmo and Shock charms. And that dryer is sweet!

How does it work for utilities in The Pad? Included in the rent or do you pay your own?

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Yeah, the utilities are billed to my company except for power, I have to pay that bill. The rest comes out of my check so I don't have to mess with it. It makes it nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home