Tuesday, March 07, 2006

All Sorts of Stuff to Talk About

Ok, first off, sorry I haven't posted in almost a week. I have been on the busy end of things lately. But, lots of spiffy things have happened over the past couple of days.

First, when I was off on Sunday and Monday, I found this badass junk shop that is about three blocks away from my house. I went nuts there. I bought a bike, comfy reclining chair, and more shelves for only $80.

The bike is friggin' cool. Part of the reason I bought the bike was the name of it, Butterfly Battle. With a name like that, this bike could with the Toure D' France and make Lance Armstrong blush with envy, its jsut that cool of a bike. Here is a couple of pics of it:





As you can see, this bike is top of the line...that is it was top of the line in 1961. But it has everything I need, it came with a lock, that is the circular thing toward the upper part of the rear wheel. And it has a basket and I can put stuff on the back of the bike too. It is just a single gear but I wanted that because if it ever breaks, it will be much easier to fix. It may not look like much, but its a pretty good bike and its called Butterfly Battle. Yeah, it may be a girl's bike but they don't seem to care about that too much around here.

Secondly, my apartment is about as close to being "done" as it can be. I want to get a rug in there but that will probably have to wait a bit due to money stuff that I will talk about in a second. Now that the apartment is pretty much the way I want it sans rug or art, I will post pics of it tomorrow or the next day. But for today, I will show you pics of my apartment building, Coop Bonule or something like that....I like to call simply, The Coop.

This is the exterior of the building:



Here is the parking lot:



Here is my mailbox, #300. As you can see, some of my neighbors have issues with checking their mail despite the fact they have to pass their mailbox as they come in the building. I don't get it:




Here is the first floor:

















Second Floor:



And the Third Floor, my place is the first door on the right:




What mystery and magic await behind this door? Stay tuned, same Bat-Time, same Bat-Blog.




To sum it all up, my apartment is in the ghetto of a Japanese town in the sticks. I do live in a ghetto, you should see the rest of the neighborhood. It is not that where I live is unsafe, its just not much to look at. Oh, I forgot to take a pic of the roof but I do like to chill on the rook of the apartment quite often. Its quiet up there and there is a wireless connection. Whoever did the interior decorating for my building, was blind or in a hurry or thought the place would be torn down very quickly. Either way, as you can see, the decor inside the building is less than extraordinary. I like to imagine I am in a big nuclear fallout bunker and the people in this building are some of the chosen few to survive the nuclear holocaust and will go on to repopulate the earth. Yeah.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tyson-san,

The Coop is cool and your Butterfly Barbi Bike is coolio!

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is your door different? It looks like a special dungeon door or something. The hallways look like a mental institution but it looks clean and nice. The outside is razorafied with the wavy siding/art.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks nicer than Chaffee Hall, at least! And your bike is badass.

You already posted a picture of the roof (with your futons airing) -- I would totally hang out up there too, especially since there's a wireless connection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home