Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mostly Better Now

It is funny, as soon as I posted that last entry, everything started to change for the better. My ARC Card came the next day and I was able to get my phone. It is spiffy and I will post pics of it later.

Today, I am going to try to get the internet hooked up in my place and get a microwave. After that, my apartment will be fully functional and I will not have to put leftovers in a frying pan to heat them.

For one reason or another, the rain gods know when I have the day off and it is pouring again today. It always happens when I have to walk across town. Its okay though, I am armed with my trusty umbrella.

While in Osaka, I picked up the Lonely Planet guide to Kyoto and Hiking Japan. I am learning all sorts of cool places to visit and I am planning on going on at least one field trip a month to a place I have never been before. One place is a shrine in Kyoto for the vagrants and homeless who died and had no families so all of their remains were placed in this shrine. There are over 8000 carved stone faces that look at you as you walk around. I want to see that.

Anywho, thanks to all for you nice comments and know that I am better now. Now if it would just stop raining for ten minutes. :)

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discs have been given to your mom. :)

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heating leftover food on the stove has been tested at my apartment (I have a microwave and I don't like using it).

But depending on the leftovers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home