Wednesday, January 18, 2006

An Update

This week has been pretty busy and I really haven't felt like posting on here due to the amount of time I have been doing other things and I am generally pretty worn out by the time I get back to my computer to type something in the evening.

On my days off, I went to Den Den Town again and took pictures. I will post them later when I make a more in depth entry solely about Den Den Town. The place rocks, bottom line.

I also went to Kyoto with some of the people from my group and we went to a temple site and a Zen monastery with a rock garden. The temple we went to was named Kinkakuji and it is the site of the Golden Temple. In all of my travels and all of my life, I have never been to a more serene and calming place than Kinkakuji. Whenever I get visitors, I am taking them there. It is like a vacation for the soul. It was simply amazing, I don't know what else to say other than the fact that I think I am a better and more rounded person just by simply visiting this place. Below is a picture that I snapped of the Golden Temple and one other that I took of some people praying at a shrine that was on the site, I loved this place.





In other news, I got my inkan the other day. An inkan is basically a stamp that, if you were Japanese, would have the kanji for your family's name on it. You use inkans when you deal with contracts or banking. They are essentially, your personal signature. In Japan, your signature is not legally binding like it is in the United States. The onl thing that will fit the bill is your inkan. They are pretty cool and mine has my first name in katakana on it. I will take a picture later and show it off.

I also found out today that essentially, as long as I am doing a passable job and am not a horrible teacher, I will be able to stay with the company and in Japan as long as I like. I figured I would at least stay one more year after this one so long as I am happy here when that time comes. I may stay on for a few more years, I like it here.

Anywho, that is pretty much the ballgame for right now. I will post more tomorrow probably. I teach two more classes tomorrow so that should be fun. I will write more on that later.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tyson,

Just found your site attached to Jake's. I've been thinking about you often wondering how you're liking it there. It will be nice to be able to keep up on how things are going for you. I know you'll do well!

Jodi

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Ahh...good to hear from you. I am glad you found my blog, it is a handy way for people to keep track of me. Feel free to comment anytime you like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home