Sunday, January 08, 2006

Training Time

Tomorrow, I begin my official training with the Peppy Kids Club. After tomorrow, I will be in Osaka for a couple of weeks. This is probably going to be the most difficult part of the whole ordeal due to the strenuous work schedule.

The work day starts somewhere around 9am I think and goes until 10pm or so. Needless to say, each day will be a long one. Oh well, after this my average workday is about four hours or so. I can't complain.

I met some of the other people today and they are pretty nice. One of them will actually be in the city right next to me so she and I might hang out sometimes. It will be nice to have another person close just in case I feel like doing something with someone else.

Last night was funny. Jason and I went to a club called Club ID. It is a five storey building and each floor had a different style of music. About halfway through our stay, I was befriended by a group of Japanese people and we danced and drank together for the rest of the night. The fun part came when one of the guy bought Jason and I a double shot of tequilla. That was fun. We had to return the favor so we bought five double shots and gave them to the people in the group. One guy had two and ended up passing out under one of the tables in the club. I tried to help him out but he was out cold. Japanese people like to drink and are good at it but due to my rigorous cross training in the off-season, I can keep up pretty well. I was on my feet at the end of the night and the other guy wasn't, I win.

We walked around a ton today and I showed the new people the ropes. We found a badass computer store and checked it out. I find it mildly amusing that I have to do most of the speaking when we need to ask for directions or talk to Japanese people. I am happy that I can do that pretty well given that I ahve only had a year of the language. I think my skills are improving daily and thats cool.

Anywho, I have to pack tonight and get ready for tomorrow. The company is taking our bags to our new hotel so that is one less thing I need to worry about. Hopefully, the next hotel will have internet too. If not, my posts may be a lot more sporadic than they have been the past few days. Anywho, next stop Osaka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home