Saturday, January 21, 2006

Training is Over! More Confusion to Come!

I am not sure whether I should be relieved or wigging out. Yesterday, my official training with Peppy Kids Club ended. After the last session, everyone went out to a very nice dinner with our trainer, Glenn, and had much to eat. It was easily the best meal I have had here. I had a drink called a "chuhi" or I think thats houw you spell it. It is pronounced "chew high", either way, it is a good drink. It is sake mixed with either a Fanta or another juice of some sort and put over ice. I had a White Mango Sour and it was awesome....both of them. I also had raw horse, which I must say, was not too bad. It was a pretty bland meat with a texture that I can only compare to an extremely soft Play-Doh. Yes, I have eaten Play-Doh before.

After dinner, some of us went clubbing and some of us stayed at the hotel and watched a couple of hours worth of the Simpsons. I was in the latter group. The clubbing sounded tempting but the one thing you have to keep in mind about clubbing in Japan is this; if you want to club here, be ready to make an all night and early morning commitment. The trains stop running at midnight so if you do not have a club in your neighborhood, you will be there until at least 5am. As much as I wanted to go out, I did not want to be up all night. But that was probably my last chance to do that for a long while and I turned it up. Regretting it, a tad, but the Simpsons were good too.

Why would I not be able to go clubbing when I get to my new place you ask? Good question, the answer is a simple one however. When I got to training yesterday I was informed that I would not be moving to Kakogawa as planned. I will be moving to a place about two or three hours away from there and it is a pretty small town I will be living in. I can't remember the name of the town, it was kind of complicated and long but I do know it is out in the middle of nowhere. I guess the area is super nice but I will be the only teacher out there and pretty much isolated from everyone else. The nice part to this is that I will have less interference from trainees or other people in the company but on the flipside, I will be pretty much alone. Here's to making new friends! One upside is that one school I will teach at is about a five minute walk from my house. It will be hard to be late for that class. :)

Anywho, that is whats going on with me. I am becoming very accustomed to living out of a suitcase and getting shuffled around every couple of weeks. It is wearing on me but at the same time I am kind of getting used to it and I don't mind it too much. I just keep in mind that I did this whole thing to change up my life and with each new move comes new experiences that I would not have otherwise. The whole thing has been fun so far and I doubt that will change. I like how everything is new to me and how with each day comes new happenings, it keeps me on my toes and on the lookout for new places to explore here.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well.

Jim told me about the hard drive; a pity, but that's how it goes, and at least everything was backed up.

Here's to burning 63 DVDs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home