Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bored In Tamba

I am in a tiny town called Tamba right now and I don't start teaching for the better part of five hours. I am bored and jacking wireless internet from a place called You Me Town. It is the equivalent of Walmart in Japan I think. Either way, its a nice place and I will probably be here for another couple hours while people gawk at me on my laptop.

Tamba is a small town and this is the fourth day I have been here. I have been teaching in a classroom here and it has been a good experience. The classes have been well-behaved and the parents have been easy to deal with during their observation time. Tomorrow will be my longest day of classes and then it is on to the train station to return to Kakogawa. I have Sunday off thank goodness, I need to do laundry in a bad way. I will also take that time to explore Kakogawa a tad and maybe visit the nearby Himeji Castle. We shall see.

I got to meet most of the people in my group on Monday and they all seem pretty cool. It is kind of too bad in that regard that I will be so far removed from the group when I go to Fukuchiyama. Oh well, here is to weekend visits to the big city. :) I will hopefully get moved into my actual permanent apartment there on Feb.6th. That will be a nice birthday present, just one day early.

Anywho, I know I haven't posted in a while and that is largely because I have not had an internet connection. The one I am on now is not great but it will suffice for this post. I will try to post more upon my return to Kakogawa but it probably won't be until Sunday that I get to do this. Either way, I am not dead, just kind of in the middle of nowhere at the moment. :) Tamba is a nice town, its just small and not a lot to see or do here.

I will post more later when I find a more stable connection to the net.

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ty,
Glad to see you made it ok! Sorry I haven't written sooner, won't bore you with the details - life in general.

When you get settled, send me your rl address - I'll get some Nesquik in the mail ASAP, although you're on your own for milk, customs won't let me box up a live goat and I can't afford to ship the cow.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny news from ID...Missi Paul is now a weather-chick on Channel 2 or 6. Weird! Anyway, thought you might find that funny.
~B

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tyson!

Ms. Lam here. I was wondering. Do the kids call you Mr. Tyson San? Ha ha bad joke. Sounds like you're doing great! I am so proud of you! I love reading your blog.

Ms. Lam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home