Thursday, December 08, 2005

Evil Homer Has Been Stabbed

Twice to be exact! I went to see a nurse today to get some more shots before heading overseas. I snagged a flu, typhoid, hepatitis, and one other shot that I can't remember what it was for. The entire trip was kind of lame because I was expecting her to give me some clever do's and don'ts about travelling in Japan and everything she told me was stuff that I either already knew or could have gotten from a travel guide or the internet.

I guess the shots were a nice thing but if you are planning a trip, relatively healthy, and your shots are up to date, then don't worry about seeing a doctor beforehand for special trip insights. It did me absolutely no good.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before my trip to Africa, I did the same thing. The shots were helpful, but the advice was just stuff that the doctor had printed off the department of health website just before my visit.

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, here, with my story about shots. I remember getting some shots before I went to Hong Kong/China. Except what I remember most is that it was Tricia Hanes' mom giving me the shots.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Really!? Odd, I forgot her mom was a nurse. Hehe, speaking of Tricia, she teaches math over at Timberline now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home