Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bye Bye Passport, Hello Christmas

I sent my passport and my certificate of eligibiltiy to the Japanese Consulate in Portland today. Beh, my nerves always tweak a tad when I have to send all of those sensitive documents through the mail. I know it will come back to me alright but it still bothers me. Oh well, it is either this or don't go to Japan.

Today has been a pretty slow day. I went to my parents house for dinner and hung out with my brother a bit. I also printed out a copy of my Christmas list for my parents. My mom still insists that I make her a Christmas list each year. I don't think she completely grasps the fact that I am twenty-five years old but that is ok.

My brother and I have different Christmas list writing styles. He likes to make a simple list, no descriptions and very short. In general, he does not put a ton of thought into Christmas and his wants, which is kind of cool but completely different than my style of Christmas list. When I write a list, I figure that whoever reads it for potential gift giving ideas should have plenty of options to choose from. Therefore, my lists tend to be bigger and each item on the list has a detailed description of what it is and why I would like it. Sometimes if the items are a tad obscure, I also include a website or something from which they can order the item. This year, most of my stuff was centered on my moving and stuff I will be able to use over there like a Japanese to English dictionary or Hastings gift cards. Those come in handy for me to stock up on movies before I leave and have to pay more in Japan for them because they are considered imports. The one big thing on my list this year were some kind of spendy earbuds for my iPod. I already know that my parents are getting me luggage, which was also on the list but I figured I may as well put the earbuds on there anyways.

In a week and a half, I will no longer have a job. YAY!!!! I am getting so excited for Christmas to come so that I will be able to see all of my friends and family before I head off to the land of the rising sun. This is the firs time I have been excited for Christmas in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home