Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Buffet Of Topics From Which To Feast

First, I hate looking at pictures of myself. I always look chubby in them...though that could possibly be due to the fact that I am indeed chubby...far from being orca fat but just a tad chubby. I have been needing to send the people that are picking me up from the airport in Japan a picture of myself so that they can spot me when I get off the plane and I haven't been finding a pic that I am fond of. I have come to the conclusion that most pictures with me in them that are staged end up looking goofy. I look my best when I am not paying attention to the fact that I have a camera pointed at me and don't have a dumb smile on my face.

Next, speaking of pictures, I took my Kodak P850 for a walk tonight and scored some decent pics of the downtown Boise area. My favorites are below. I really enjoy black and white photography and night photography. Lucky for me, the P850 has really nice low-light functionality.

Lastly, I want to change the look of this blog. I think what I want is probably beyond the scope of my HTML coding ability but I am willing to learn. Though, if any of you guys can come up with a cool template that you think I would like that would match my style(not sure what that would be...minimalistic maybe)I would be down for using it and giving ou credit for it, just tell me how I go about installing it. Just looking at the blog now, I am getting sick of the green and orange and light green lettering. I know those are easy changes and I know how to make them but I want something more, I just can't quite describe what it is that I want.

Ok maybe one more topic, I am trying to make a new drink and I am afraid what the end results will be. I while ago, a co-worker gave me a recipe called Apple Pie. Basically, it is a fifth of Everclear(yes, Everclear), a gallon of unfiltered apple juice, one pound of honey, some water, nutmeg, and cinnamon to boot. You mix it all up and let it set for at least two weeks. I whipped it all up on Friday and it is now sitting on top of my fridge. It scares me. The one thing that I am unsure of is whether or not it should be refrigerated. Demonator and I reasoned out that it should probably be kept at room temperature but I just don't know. Hopefully, I don't die or go blind when I try it in a week and a half.

Ok, this is the last part for sure, I need noise cancelling headphones but am unsure which ones to ask for for Christmas. The two contenders I have been looking at are the Shure E4Cs and the Super.Fi 5 Pros. If anyone has any input on those two models or knows of better ones let me know.

Ok, I think I am done now, enjoy the pics.




1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a photo I took of you that I like, at any rate. You'll have to flip it yourself; I'm lazy tonight. (And my fingers hurt from typing six pages of fiction just now. Craaaaaaazyyyyyy....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home