Friday, October 28, 2005

I Am a Sales God

Today was a fun day at work. It was extremely busy and frantic and I had probably my best sales day to date this year. By the end of my eight hour shift I moved almost $11,000 worth of stuff out the door. Computers, plasma tvs, jewelery, you name it, I sold it to someone today.

The fun part about this was that out of all of the people in the department today, I was the one that had been around the longest and was schooling the younger guys in salesmanship. It was funny, a couple of them were literally in awe that I was pointing out customers and telling them ahead of time what I was going to sell to each person and then going and doing it. It is a weird kind of power trip to be able to convince people they need random things.

The fun part about Costco, is people are already half-cocked to buy something the second they step into the store; I just have to hold their hand a little. I think before I quit, I am going to have a day where I try to talk everyone I help out of buying whatever it is that they want. There is a true test that I think I can pass. The key to selling or not selling something is to act confident about whatever it is that you are talking about. If you don't know an answer to a question take a guess or BS it but make sure that you do not hesitate when doing so. People want to talk to people that sound authoritative in whatever it is that they are talking about. If you can do this, you have the sale. Easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home