Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Good Night For Poker

After going out with Vixen, I headed over to my parents' house where my brother was holding another poker tournament. I actually did pretty good tonight.

The first game, I came in second and got my money back. That is the best I have ever done; I would have won but the kid I was up against started being a supreme bully and started "all-inning" me every single hand. I was sick of letting have little chunks of money from my horde so I called him on a relatively mediocre hand, Queen-Seven off-suit. I lost by one friggin' chip. Oh well, at least I got my money back.

The second game I came in third. Still not too bad for my usual luck. I should have been out the second hand but I got lucky and my brother gave me all of his chips. It was not a willing gift but a gift nonetheless. :) I have definitely improved my playing since I first started. Another cool thing, I got pocket aces on one hand, YAY!

Vixen and I went to see Corpsebride tonight and while the date itself was fun, the movie was merely okay. Nightmare Before Christmas was much much better.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've determined that much of my recent depression is actually pinball and poker depravity.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found a South Park character image maker thingummy. It's kinda fun. I made myself and Jim in it already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home