Friday, September 23, 2005

Giving Myself Christmas Off

Today, I went to work. I have never looked forward to going to work as much as I did today. Today was the day that I got to tell my boss and all of my co-workers that yes, there is indeed life outside of Costco. Oh yeah, I work at Costco, the blackhole of the service industry. I haven't said where I worked up until now because I didn't really need to walk into my job one day and have a manager ripping me a new one because of something some dumbass member read when they stumbled across this blog. Then again, I don't think most of our members can read so I probably didn't have a lot to fear to begin with.

Anywho, I told everyone today that December 9, 2005 would be my last day in the wholesale industry. I figured that I would stay until that date just for the money and something to do for a few months. Part of me wanted to quit before Thanksgiving but I figured I would snag one more paycheck after that and then take off.

I have wanted to utter the sacred words "I quit," for some time now....say six years and now I have and I feel like a ten ton weight has been lifted off my chest. I am free. And I am not tucking in my shirt anymore while I am there either, that was their dippy rule not mine. I look rather nice in the clothing I wear, most of which is not really meant to be tucked in anyway, no tucking shirts in anymore. Another thing that I will no longer do is put up with childish members trying to throw tantrums to get their way. If a member so much as flinches in a way that I find annoying I am going to let fly a verbal onslaught that will send them to their knees, weeping like Japanese school children when they gaze upon the face of their divine and glorious sensei, me.

Costco does not control me anymore. Now I feel like the girl in "The Labyrinth" telling David Bowie that he is a tool with an over-stuffed crotch. Goblin King...Hah!

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of magick spell to use???

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can never go wrong with the LBRP.

Ehrm, not that I would know or anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home