Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fried Nerves Over Easy

Over the past couple of days, I think I have brought my fragile nerve endings to a nice golden brown. You know how earlier, I was saying that I had a one track mind that I could put into an endless and maddening loop if something got enough of my attention? I have done it again with this whole teaching in Japan thing. Tomorrow will be a week since I went in for the interview and I still have not heard back from her. I know she is doing stuff because one of the people I put down for a reference was contacted but she is not doing stuff fast enough for my liking. I check my email constantly and nothing. I am getting kind of pathetic. She said she would get back to me via email soon and I have not heard from her. I don't know whether to be worried or just chill the hell out. I am guessing the latter.

I think why I am getting so worked up over the whole thing is because to me, this represents my one opportunity that I have open to me to make a big change in my life in the short term. If I miss this door, I am going to end up doing something drastic like selling all earthly belongings and wandering the earth for a while or something. Everyone is trying to reassure me because in the back of my mind, even I know I am in an excellent position to get this job. I am very well-qualified for it...more so than most I would say. But who knows what will happen.

Either way, I will just sit and wait....and hopefully I won't have to do the waiting part for very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home