Friday, September 16, 2005

2 Countries, Three States, Three Major Cities, and 610 Miles

That is what I drove yesterday. If I never see my car again at this point, I won't be too heartbroken. Driving that much in one day just gets to be ludicrous after a while. But it was not in vain!

Odds are, I have got the teaching in Japan job and come about January 3rd, I will be on a plane to Nagoya, Japan. It is not 110% certain yet but if I were a betting man, I would put decent money on me being on that plane. The interview went really well and it seems that I am pretty much a perfect fit for what the company is looking for. It seems like a ton of fun and I hope everything works out the way I want it to. The lady that interviewed me said I was a very strong candidate for the job and said that people with education backgrounds take precedence over those without. I think I got the job!

In the next few days I should find out more, she said she was going to call my references and as long as they checked out then she would send me the paperwork for the criminal records check. Excellent.

In celebration, I went out and got the Lonely Planet Guide to Japan. I am still trying not to get my hopes up until it is certain, but at this point I think I am going. YAY!!!

Anywho, I am tired still from the drive and I think I will be going to bed early tonight. More info posted as I get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home