Friday, August 19, 2005

An Extraordinary Week In Review

So many cool things have happened this week, I don't know where to begin.

First, I finally got my money from the sale of the house and so now, I am rolling in the Benjamins. I am totally debt free other than my car payment, cell phone payment, insurance payment, and rent stuff. Basically, no more credit card debt and I actually have a savings account with a sizeable sum of money in it. Sweet.

Mr. Blue and Ms. K came into town and I hung out with them for a couple of days. We had a blast floating down the Boise river although the water was a tad cold. Just a tad. :) I also met a guy named Matt who was pretty cool and has known Mr. Blue for many years as their parents are friends. We ate sushi and drank El Piratos and in general had an excellent time. Spyder also took part in the drinking of the El Piratos and sushi eating though, he found a new drink that I also enjoy called a Rum Dinger. It is basically Whalers Vanilla Rum and root beer. TPL, you must try this drink.

Last night, I had one of the best nights in recent memory. Vixen, the girl I mentioned in the previous post hung out with me last night and we had a blast. We went to eat at the Cottonwood Grill and then watched The Island, which was a much better movie than I anticipated. After the movie, Vixen came back to my place and we talked until the very very wee hours of the morning. Around 5:30am we decided we should get some sleep and so we curled up with each other and slept. It was the best sleep I have had in a long time. It just felt good to have someone next to me again and I was very happy that that someone was her. Vixen is cool on about fifty different levels and her and I connect and mesh very well. Yeah, I really really like her. She makes me feel very good about myself, the world, and life in general.

Which leads me to today, a very good day as well. My night, morning, and early afternoon with Vixen had residual effects on my attitude throughout the day and this caused me to be rather chipper.

Other than Vixen herself, the thing that struck me about last night was that it was all so natural. Everything just flowed. There was no nervousness about what was going to happen next or what we would talk about. No awkward silences or uncomfortable segments of time. It was just her and I talking and being happy in each other's company. I did not have to put out effort to make the experience fun and I didn't worry about whether or not she was having a good time because I just kind of felt like she was. It was a very chill night. It was a very Zen moment of connectivity between two people. We just talked and time streamed past us. It was a very unique experience that hasn't happened in years or possibly ever.

To summarize: Last night rocked.

In general, that was pretty much the tone for the entire week. It was like a soul trip to DisneyLand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home