Sunday, August 21, 2005

12 Angry Men and One Big Sticky Ball

I have been in an odd mood today. Tonight, I just had to get out of the house and decided to go to HAstings to look at their movie selection. While there, I realized I was in the mood for a few good old movies and decided to buy three of them that I had been contemplating picking up for a while. I walked out of the store with "12 Angry Men", "Annie Hall" (one of two Woody Allen movies I like, the other being "Sleeper"), and the special edition of "Citizen Kane". Demonator, Phyrry, and I watched "12 Angry Men" and I must say, I had forgotten how much I like that movie. The acting in it is so well done and each character is unique and full of depth. So anywho, we watched "12 Angry Men" and it was good.

Lastly, I picked up a used Playstation 2 a couple of days ago and with it, Katamari Damacy. We in the nerd basement are hooked on that game and its cheerful little soundtrack. Demonator especially takes great glee in uprooting entire cities with the help of a very large sticky ball of rolling goodness. It is not often anymore that a truly unique game comes along but this is an exceptional title in almost every way. The best part, is that the sequel is due out in the U.S. within the next couple of months. If you are looking for a PS2 game give this one a try. In fact, Demonator is playing it as I type this.

The weather is also finally starting to cool down and for this I am grateful. I am getting tired of it being so hot that I have to sleep with the drone of a fan and on top of my covers. The sooner that fall gets here, the better. Come on chilly weather!

4 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Small correction: Demonator was winning Katamari Damacy whilst you typed this. :)

The end is pretty funny. Oh, and he got the moon up to 600 m in diameter by the end of that one level, and that was pretty cool ... ... ... I really need to get to bed earlier. <_< This 4 am thing isn't going to be so great for school.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Jacob Whittaker said...

"12 Angry Men" really is frickin' awesome. I just watched that movie again a few weeks ago.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"12 Angry Men" better have had Peter Fonda, Piglet, and a kid that looks like Ralph Macchio in it, dammit!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Mogwai said...

Yes, this was the old school one, not the new and crappy one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home