Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Big-Ass TV

I did something stupid....and kind of fun. Yesterday, I was at Costco and they had a 50" Sony Grand Wega TV that they had marked down quite a bit. I bought it.

I am having mixed feelingings about this because after all, I am trying to get out of debt and buying this TV doesn't help that at all. But at the same time, this TV is friggin' cool. It was the way that God intended for people to watch movies and play video games. Last night, I watched Empire Strikes Back on it and all I have to say is wow.

The one funny thing I have noticed is that all of my old video games look A#1 Cool but all of the Xbox games look like crap. The old games are block naturally and so on this tv they just look bigger. The new games that are designed to look realistic end up looking weird and kind of crappy because the tv is a high enough quality to pick apart the picture and show off the game's flaws.

As for spending the money and not getting out of debt, I have decided this: My goal is to be debt free by the 1st of January, 2006. If I am not debt free by that date, the tv will go back to Costco. It is Costco after all and they will take anything back so I wouldn't really be out anything if I needed to return it. I did the math when I bought it and decided that I could still meet my goal so I guess we will see. I am optomistic. The tv may still go back then even if I am debt free because that kind of money could make a nice down payment on a house or something. I guess I will see when the time comes. Until then, I am going to enjoy movies the way they were meant to be enjoyed, on a really big screen.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, about your Xbox problem, you might look here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/expertguide/hdtv.htm

Also, I am going down to Boise pretty soon. I'll be in town from this Friday night 'til the morning of the 23rd. I'm hankering to go camping or something, but plans are not solid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home