Saturday, July 16, 2005

I'm a Wizard. Wanna See My Wand?

Tonight was the beginning of yet another bout of Harry Potter mania and I must say I am somewhat surprised. Demonator, Phyrry, and I went to Borders to attend the midnight Harry Potter party and I was very surprised by the amount of people that turned out to grab a copy of the book. The entire parking lot was plum full of cars, kids, parents, and nerds of all shapes and sizes.

I did not anticipate the crowd that befell that place this evening. Such a wide array of people that turned out to buy one single book. From a literary standpoint, it is very cool that that many people are into reading and supporting authors like that. On the other hand, there are a hell of a lot of nerds out there that like to dress up like wizards. Overall, it was a very interesting experience.

In celebration of this release, I have come up with several pickup lines like the title of this post that I find fitting for the occasion.

1) I see you are a wizard. Show me your owls.
2) Hey baby, my wand has picked you to be its wizard.
3) And for the ladies to use: Is that a wand in your pocket or are you just happy to
see me?

Yeah, they are corny but I am bored so you get to deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home