Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Unique Finds

Today, I found two unique things to gobble up my free time.

First, I found a cool documentary series about the history of BBSs and the people that ran and used them. I found this to be really nostalgic. Spyder turned me on to BBSs when I was probably about 13 or 14 and we spent many an hour idling away in chat rooms and playing the fun little door games that most of the BBSs had. For the young folk out there, BBSs were the grandfather of the chat room. They were much more than just a chat room however, they had files to download, games to play, and people to talk to. They were basically mini-internets that you called up. The BBS software was housed on some other guy's computer and he basically let you tie up his phone lines while playing on his machine. It was good fun. Either way, the documentary is an eight part series that I have found to be quite interesting and memory rousing.

The second thing of the day was the discovery of the PS2 game, Katamari Damacy. It is a very Japanese game in which your father, King Cosmos, has destroyed all of the stars n the sky and it is your job as hs son to take a big ball and roll it around the Earth and gather things in order to rebuild the stars. You just roll this ball around and it picks stuff up, people, cats, chickens, signs, pineapples, you name it. It is a really addicting game with a very simple premise but a very difficult method of gameplay. It is one of those games that you can pick up and play fairly easily but it would take a while to master. All in all, a very fun game.

In other news, I got my first two papers I turned in to my summer school professor back today. I got 100% on both of them, it is good to know that I haven't lost my knack for writing pretty good papers. Tomorrow is my mid-term for the class. It seems so funny to think that the mid-term is tomorrow because we have only had five classes. I like this whole summer school thing. So far, the class has been interesting and some of the discussions it has spawned have been very good as well. I remember now why I like going to school. It makes me want to get my Masters. Hmm...we shall see.

Anywho, I need to get to bed. My allergies and sinuses are driving me nuts and I need to get up early tomorrow for work. Good night.

1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anderson and I beat Katamari Damacy last night, but we still haven't collected everything or gotten the brightest stars possible. There is clearly still work to be done.

Replayability ++.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home