Saturday, June 18, 2005

Doubtful Hope

I just got back from a night on the town with a bunch of people I work with. It was an interesting night; a guy I work with named, Domingo, had his birthday this evening so I went downtown to celebrate with him and quite a few other people.

The night went well and no one got arrested like last time so that was good. We did end up at the Twin Dragon, my favorite Chinese restaurant, so that was good. The thing that cracks me up is that I can out drink anyone I know by a long shot. I don't know why either. Yes, I am a tad heavier than most of them but most of them drink more often than I do too. It must be genetics I guess.

Anyways, I drove the birthday boy, his sister, and this new girl at work home tonight and on the way the new girl and I got talking about food, Asian food in specific. It turns out she has never had Japanese food before and does not know how to use chopsticks. I found this kind of funny because the only people I know that can't use chopsticks are my parents and my brother. They are traditional Idahoans, what can I say? Either way, her and I may be going out sometime soon to eat at Zutto, my favorite Japanese place around here. The upside to this is that it is a date, the downside is that she was pretty drunk when she said she would like to go out with me sometime, so we shall see if it actually happens or not. As the title states, I remain doubtfully hopeful about the whole thing. Who knows, better yet, who cares? I am still debating as to whether or not I do.

On another note, I met up with a girl named Angie while I was downtown. She used to be in my Drama class when I was in high school and I have not seen her since. She signed up with the military after she graduated and just got back from Iraq a few days ago. It was good to see her again. She is one of the few people from high school that I actually gave a rat's ass about. Either way, she is doing well and that is cool.

Now it is time for me to go to sleep. Having just eaten, I am a tad sleepy now and I need to be to work by 11:30am tomorrow. Night Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home