Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Meeting Ray

I went to Gold's Gym this morning and met Ray for the first time. He seems like a pretty cool guy; he is also going through a divorce, must be that time of year. Either way. I think he will be able to help me. One cool thing he did not do was try to push all of the supplements, shakes, and gym crap down my throat. He actually told me to go to a grocery store and pick up Nutri-Grain bars instead of the bar that the gym was selling for twice as much. I like honesty.

Today's session was just going over dietary stuff and how to get my eating habits under control. I liked his logic behind all he had to say and I think I will be able to stick with our gameplan. I am kind of excited about all of this. We also did weights and mearsurements today. I weigh about 240lbs. with my gym outfit on and shoes. The part that sucked was when we did my body fat calculations and found that out of my 240lbs, 71lbs of it is fat. That is almost a 1/3 of my total weight. Beh. Oh well, that is going to change. If I meet the goal that we set for me, I will have dropped 20lbs by mid-August and added 5lbs of muscle.

The only thing that I was not a fan of was the fact that he is already, very mildly, pushing me to get more sessions with him. This is not a problem if he actually gets me results but I thought it was a little early to even bring it up. Oh well, they are trained to push this stuff so I guess it is his job. Besides, if he is doing good, then I may consider it, but we shall wait and see.

I have to work tonight but I think when I get off, I am going to go swimming again. The pool is open 24/7 so I don't see why I cannot make nightly visits to it. I find that the hot tub relaxes me like very few things in this world and I tend to take advantage of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home