Sunday, April 24, 2005

Of Ants and People

It has been known for a while now that ants use pheromones to communicate with each other. I am beginning to think that humans do too. I am not talking about that Axe stuff which has pheromones to help ugly guys get women, but pheromones that make large groups of people desire the same thing at the same time.

At work the other day, a guy called to see if we had a Sony Vaio laptop in stock. I told him that we did not and that we had not carried one for almost a month. After the conversation, I went back to my usual routine of looking busy until another customer approached me and asked me for the same laptop that the guy on the phone did not thirty seconds before. After telling this customer he was out of luck, five minutes later another guy approaches me and asks me for the same thing! The odd part is that the laptop in question came and went without a lot of fanfare and no one had asked for it for almost a month and then out of nowhere three people ask for it within a ten minute time span. Weird.

Another odd thing are the lesbians that come in to shop. Maybe they coordinate this but I don't think so. A day might go by when I do not see any outwardly lesbian women in the store but then one day, within the same hour almost, I will see ten or fifteen couples in the store all at once. You can ask me how do I know they are all lesbians but trust me, I know....I know.

Odd grouping of people have been happening a lot at work lately. Stuff that will sit on the shelf for weeks without selling, sell out in a matter of hours on one particular day, people asking for the same thing over and over again, people all wearing very similar clothes, people saying very similar proverbs to me in conversation, its odd. I think there is some underlying thing that controls at least how people think a little. I have noticed too many coincidences lately. It could also be that all of this stuff is on the television people are watching and sice I don't watch that much TV, I am not catching all of the latest fads and sayings, who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home