Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Interview

I finally got my interview for the job this morning. Overall, I think it went really well. He was impressed that I personally delivered my resume to him and I think that will be a plus. We talked about computers for a bit and he showed me the areas and departments around the business. I think I have a good shot at getting this position. So far, the only downside is the fact that they do not have a 401k program. I guess if it comes down to it, I can just roll my 401k into an IRA or something. I would have medical and dental benefits but no vision. This is no biggie for me seeing that I do not have any vision problems for the most part. He did not give me a definite answer as to what the job pays because the owners of the company have not figured it out yet. I am hoping it is at least close to what I make now if not more. Here's to hoping. I am pretty happy with how things went this morning.

Now comes the hard part, waiting. He said I would probably hear back from him on Wednesday. The upside is that I will be on vacation so I won't really have time to dwell on it too much.

As far as vacation is concerned, I will be staying in Twin Falls tomorrow night and getting up early the next morning to start my drive through Nevada. I could not get a room at the Little A'Le'Inn but I did get one in the next closest town, Alamo. It is about fifty miles away from Rachel, NV so that is not too bad. I am hoping I make good enough time to make it to Alamo and then to Rachel and Area 51 all on Saturday. We will see, it is going to be a long drive but a doable one and I am thinking if I leave Twin Falls around 7am I should make it to my destination by 4pm. I guess it will just depend on the weather and the traffic. On Sunday, it is off to San Jose. I am debating about the route that I am going to take to get there. I am tempted to go up the coastline and get an ocean view for most of the trip. This is not the quickest route but I think it would make for a nice drive. The other way is to go long ways up the center of California and go through a lot of towns and cities. I dunno what I will do. I will consult Mapquest some more I think.

Right now, I am cleaning my room and washing my clothes for the trip. I want to come back to an organized room instead of the pit of despair I have let it become over the past couple of weeks. Anywho, I should probably get back to preparing; I will post later tonight if something noteworthy comes up. Oh BTW, I stopped wearing my wedding band today....odd...very odd indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home