Monday, January 03, 2005

Behold, 2005!

So I am doing my New Years post a couple of days late, sue me. I have been playing a lot of Half Life 2 and that has taken top priority. I have an odd compulsion that makes me beat games once I start them. That is why I like the Sims and Simcity, I know I can't ever beat them so I do not make these huge pushes to play them.

Anywho, New Years was ok. Mushi had to work which left Jake and I to go to my company's New Years/Christmas party by ourselves. It is a pathetic situation when you need to drink to tolerate 90% of the people you work with. It is also pathetic when a place charges you $4.00 for a bottle of beer and I am talking Coors not some fancy import stuff. To remedy this, Jake and I smuggled in a half gallon of Malibu Rum and a fifth of Jager. Trenchcoats rock for some stuff. After being there for a little bit we were everyones' friends. I also won a $25 gift card so that was cool.

I have to go back to work tomorrow and that kind of sucks. I like being on vacation...but then again...I like to make money too. Now that the holiday season has past it should be rather relaxing at work. This is considered our slow time of the year so to save money, everyones' hours get cut way back. I am working these cheesy five hour shifts but that is cool, they are later in the day and so I won't have to deal with people as much. It should be nice.

Back on with the New Years theme, I am not overly excited about the new year. I turn twenty-five next month and that means my insurance will go down but other than that not a whole bunch is happening this year. I do have some resolutions however. First, I will be in better shape at the start of 2006 than I am at the start of 2005. Second, I am going to get some tech certifications under my belt. Third, I am going to try my hardest to find a new job. Fourth, Mushi and I are going to get a new and bigger house. That is about it.

Oh oh, since every site it seems is having their "Best of 2004 List" here is mine.

Top Ten Movies of 2004:

10.
9. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
8. Oceans 12
7. Meet the Fokkers
6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
5. Dawn of the Dead
4. The Village
3. Shaun of the Dead
2. The Incredibles
1. Napoleon Dynamite


Ok, you may be asking where the 10th place movie is and to be honest with ya, these are the only movies that I saw this year that were made this year. I don't go to the movies often. If I did, Oceans 12, Meet the Fokkers, and Sky Captain probably wouldn't be on the list at all. Sky Captain was a good movie in the sense that it was trying to emulate old Sci-Fi films but I really didn't care for the story. As for Oceans 12 and Meet the Fokkers, I don't see what the hype was about, especially with Meet the Fokkers. The jokes were predictable and the whole movie felt to me like they tried way to hard to make things funny. Oh yeah, I did see Dodgeball and I thought it sucked too. Maybe I am just not a ben Stiller fan. Anywho, there is your list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home