Thursday, November 18, 2004

Progress

I am making progress. Yesterday, I decided that I had been lifting weights long enough to up my lifting by ten pounds on all of my machines I have been using. I had been worried about that moment since I started lifting about two weeks ago; what if I had not made any progress at all? Fortunately, I went through my workout with basically no problems at that weight level. I am proud of myself and happy to see that I am making progress although it does not feel like I am making big strides.

I think sometimes I push myself too hard and expect too much of myself. Mushi says that at some things I am setting myself up for failure because my goals are too lofty. This is especially true when it comes to my working out and getting more fit. I tend to over estimate what I should be doing and end up either hurting myself or failing at it because I do not have either the self-control or the training to follow through to the goal. Anywho, I don't think I am doing that this time. I am taking baby steps and it seems to be working so far. Every week and a half to two weeks, I am going to up my weight limit by ten pounds. Eventually if my progress keeps up, I will be to where I think I should be as far as my fitness is concerned.

In other news....well...there hasn't been a lot of other news. Mushi and I are considering moving into a bigger house at some point but we haven't quite decided when or to where. We will probably stay in the Boise area for a while more so that Mushi can get herself established as a nurse. We also went to "Polar Express" last night and I have to admit, it was a cute movie. It will probably become one of the newer Christmas classics like "A Christmas Story" and the graphics were very good. Lots of movement and background animation, I am guessing that movie took a while to render. So, if you need to see a movie but don't know which one, "Polar Express" is a fun one. Especially, if you see it at the Imax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home