Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Let The Elections Begin!

Since it is a little after midnight, some states have officially begun to tally votes for this year's presidential election. Although some states have been holding early elections, I am not counting those. I do not think it is right that people have been able to vote for the past two weeks in some areas. Since when did we go from following the Constitution's one day of voting to one or two weeks of voting. I can see absentee ballots but not the voting a week before the election.

I am going to admit here and now that I am voting for Bush; let the laughing and finger pointing begin. My friends all think I am a heretic but thats ok, the fun part about being in a democracy is that you can argue about who you want for your leaders. I am willing to bet that Bush wins this thing by at least 10 electoral votes. I think it will be a pretty close race but I do expect Bush to win, as do most political analysts.

The one thing I am not looking forward to are the lawyers trying to find any little thing to litigate upon at the voting sites. I hope whoever wins does so by a decent margin just so we don't have to wait until December to find out who our President is going to be like in 2000. The people should be able to decide who wins, not the courts.

Anywho, I am probably going to update the blog throughout the election day because I love election days and watching all of the states votes come in. It has always intrigued me. So in closing, get out and vote or else you have absolutely no grounds for complaining because you did not even play the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home