Friday, November 26, 2004

A Dark Day

First off, let me apologize for not being more frequent in my postings as of late. As I stated in my previous post, I have been playing City of Heroes a lot and work a lot as well. When it comes to this blog, I have been a slacker.

Thanksgiving was nice. My family and Mushi's family met at her sister's house and we all had dinner and spent the day there. Mushi had to go to work later on that night so what did I do, thats right, I came home and played City of Hero's. Dylan, Melissa, and Tony also came over and watched Being John Malcovich with me. All in all, a pretty laid back day.

And then there is today, a dark, dark day. Possibly the darkest day in all of retaildom, Black Friday. In less than an hour I have to go to work and I have a dreadful suspicion that I will being going to work with half of Boise already there and waiting for me. I hate the day after Thanksgiving for the sole purpose that I hate having to navigate through the busy streets and busy stores fill with wave after wave of cattle trying to buy Christmas presents, as if Thanksgiving were some magical starter pistol firing off the shot to signal the beginning of the Christmas season. The sales are usually not that good unless the retail industry is tanking hard that year and I don't like the idea that the difference of twenty-four hours ushers in the Holiday Season. Maybe it is just me. I am so tempted to bring my fifth of Malibu Rum to work with me today and just carry around a rum and Coke with me all day in a paper cup. I have done this before....dare I do it again. Well, I need to take off. I will post later to update you on how all of the madness went. Oh BTW, the president of my company is coming to my store today to see how it all runs. Joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home