Saturday, November 06, 2004

Damn You DMCA!

First my grandma, then Ryzel, and now my little brother. Tonight I went over to his place because he said his internet was down and when I get there and bring everything back up, I find a nice letter saying that CableOne booted my brother because he downloaded Shrek 2 and The Notebook. Now he has to delete the files and say he will never do it again and then they will re-instate his connection. The one thing I am uneasy with is the way that the document is worded, it almost sounds like you would have to forfeit your right to make a defense if the MPAA decided to sue you.

I don't do a lot of downloading anymore and I definitely stay away from movies and MP3s for the most part. I am beginning to think that it is a good thing that I don't mod any fxp boards anymore. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home