Sunday, October 17, 2004

Update Time!

Sorry I haven't updated in a day or two, I have been moderately busy. Where to begin?

First, I ordered my video card and main hard drive for my system two days ago. The video card is an Asus Radeon X800XT and the hard drive is a 74 gig Western Digital Raptor. This computer is going to rock. Those parts should be here on Monday or Tuesday, leaving me still needing to buy the CPU and RAM for the system. Not too much more to go now.

On that note, I must say that Newegg.com has by far and away the best service of any computer retailer ever. Those guys rock! I order something and two days later it is here! I have no clue what would happen if I paid the money to have them rush delivery, it would probably be at my house by the end of the day or something. Their speediness is frightening. So to those at Newegg.com, I salute you. You get a gold star.

Work has been surprisingly pleasant over the past week. I think I have come to a point of acceptance with my job for the time being. I know that I need the money it provides and appreciate it for that. My boss is giving me better hours now as well, so that helps. The holidays are definitely approaching though; the shopping crowds are going up leaps and bounds with everyday. Which reminds me, I need to get a jump on Christmas this year myself. I am going to make it my goal to have all of my friends and family out of the way at least two weeks prior to the big day.

My mom still makes me write up a Christmas list every year and I did that this past week. This year's list breaks the record for being my smallest list ever. Usually, it isn't Christmas until my parents have to buy a ream of paper to print out my list on but this year, I am pretty content with what I have. I am trying to be more conservative in the way I view material goods, though you may not think so if you saw how much I am blowing on my computer. I am making an effort to fully utilize the stuff I have and appreciate it for what it is and not for what I could upgrade it with....except for the computer. :)

Not a lot else has been happening. I started a new book, "The Alienist" and it seems pretty cool so far and I have been playing a lot of X-Men Legends on the X-Box. That game is a hoot multiplayer. Well, I think I am going to go to bed early tonight, I am exhausted. Nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home