Saturday, October 23, 2004

A Rainy October Day

Looking out my window right now, I wouldn't call today the sunniest day on record. It has rained steadily here for the past couple days and has been very overcast. Good thing I am not a fan of the sun. In general, I like cloudy and rainy days. I like the level of luminocity, the smell of the rain, the feel of raindrops on my skin, and the sound it makes when it hits things. I love rain.

Intel is moving faster than I anticipated and that pleases me. They called my work yesterday to verify my employment and I received my email last night, giving me the code I needed to order my CPU and Mobo. I checked its progress this morning and it looks like the order has been sent to the warehouse for shipping. If all goes as I am predicting, I should have a bleeding edge computer up and running by the end of the week. I am hoping that the bundle comes on Thursday or Friday because I will call in sick the day it does to build the system.

My Crucial Ballistix DDR2 533 sticks came last night. They are good looking chips with yellowish-gold heat spreaders on them. They should look pretty sweet in the case once it is assembled. I have been going over the assembly in my mind trying to visualize the way I want the cabling to look inside the case. I am very picky when it comes to cabling. Good cabling improves air flow and looks tons better than a rat's nest of wiring. I will definitely devote time to planning my wiring for this system.

In other news, Mushi is not feeling well today and the interior of the house has taken on a grey look thanks to the clouds outside. I think I am going to have to leave soon just to escape the gloom. Hopefully, Spyder will call me soon so we can go eat at Din Fung. Ahh.... Chinese buffet. Oh, Spyder is her now. Time to eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home