Sunday, October 10, 2004

I Am The Poker Master!

Ok maybe not...but I did play a little bit of poker last night...though I lost both tables I played in....so maybe "master" is a little strong of a word. :) My brother had a poker tourney at my parent's house last night, so Spyder and I went to take all of the little college peoples' money. Our plan was foiled; the same kid won both games and ended up going home with about $80....punk.

Last night was the first time I have ever played real poker with real people. I have done the whole Party Poker thing before but I had never played with real people actually sitting around me. I don't think I did too bad either, I made a good showing the first round and lasted quite a while but I sucked it up on the second round and lost pretty early on. Oh well, it was fun.

It cracks me up to see how much of a craze poker has become over the past couple of years. The game has been around for hundreds of years and people are just now catching on that it is a pretty nifty game. Fads work in wierd ways.

In other news, I ordered my motherboard and it should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. I ended up picking up an Asus P5AD2 Premium. It should do nothing short of rock and I am looking forward to installing it once I amass the other parts. Soon...soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home