Monday, September 13, 2004

A Day of Anticipation

I have been excited all day. Why, because tommorow is the release day for Fable for my X-Box and I think possibly Sims 2 for my PC. The crappy part is that I can't play Sims 2 in all of its glory due ot a sever lack of my good computer. I must be patient.

Speaking of anticipation, I realized today that I am becoming my father in the sense that I have an overwhelming urge to check for and retrieve the mail everyday. My dad has a keen sense for when the mail arrives. If you have ever seen a dog perk up at the sound of a passing car, it is kind of like that. My dad knows the sound of the mail man and makes haste to grab the mail the first moment he has free. It is funny but now I am beginning to understand why he does this. First, I think he likes the pattern and the reliability of the mail. I too like to know that when I wake up the mail will be here and I can get it. I get very annoyed on Sundays and other holidays in which there is no mail. Second, I think it is kind of like a surprise for him. Sometimes you never know what you are going to get and it is fun to see what is in the mail cubby when you open it up. For me, it is a good day when I get one of my magazines in the mail; I subscribe to Wired and Maximum PC. I have no clue what my dad expects to get other than bills and junk because he doesn't subscribe to anything. Oh well, whatever floats your boat I guess.

As a follow up to the North Korean nuke thing, the official word from N. Korea is that they were demolishing a building and that is what caused a mushroom cloud and the explosion. I guess it is plausible though I am not sure if I believe them. I guess I am just paranoid.

Not much else went on today. Mushi got a desk for her laptop and my parents bought a friggin' huge Winnebago today. Maybe tomorrow will be more eventful but I am not holding my breath.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mogwai said...

"Mogwai, Mogwai....ohhh....Bright Light!!! AAIIEEEE!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home