Friday, August 06, 2004

The Patient Has Slipped Into A Coma :(

Beh. After treating my system like a fine fine woman and dusting it out, giving it new fans(which work very well) and reseeding everything, my system has crashed again. Upon plugging everything in, the system booted with a red flag saying the motherboard was having an issue and then preceeded to look as if it was going to boot XP. But it was not to be, the system just recycled to the boot screen and so after tooling around in the bios for a second the system locked up on me. Upon another reboot, the system then tried to boot off of my vid card bios....dumbass system. So I am now certain that the motherboard has severe and most likely irrecoverable damage and that whatever I did before to make it work was just an effort to stave off the inevitable. It looks like I will be without a tower for a while.

On the upside, Demonator has agreed to take my hard drives into his care until I get things up and running again. The only other option was to buy external drive enclosures for all of them and make them USB drives which would have cost me more than a new motherboard. Thank goodness I still have my laptop. :)

So the time is 2:25AM GMT and I am pulling the plug on my beloved but comatose Gigabyte GA-7VRXP mobo. May it rest in piece. Sob. Sob. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home