Friday, August 13, 2004

Ode to The Dude

I must say, I really really like "The Big Lebowski". What an excellent movie the Coen brother threw together there. If I were unemployed, single, and a pothead, I would hope that I lived my life similar to that of The Dude. His life was simple, adventurous, and comical. I would say that my life generally lacks adventure and that kind of bothers me.

Some would say that life is an adventure, and I agree...I just wish mine was more sporadic and lively. It would absolutely thrill me if something happened that would take me to another country to solve a mystery or make me go on a road trip to transport something of great value to a shady art dealer. Anything.

I think sometimes that I am forced to act older than I actually am and that I never really got to be "wild" in my youth. I went to a couple of keggers and that is pretty much it. Never did drugs, never became a manwhore for a summer, never ran away. Not really to say that I would have done any of those things had I had the chance...except maybe the manwhore thing...ladies dig the Mogwai.:) But I just wish I would have taken more time to explore the world when I was in high school, when stuff really didn't matter that much.

Going to college, getting a degree, and getting a career are great things to do and excellent accomplishments that I think people should strive toward if it suits them. But remember, every once in a while forget about the future and just do something for the now. Be random and see what happens. Life should not be about going to work and then coming home. Or going to class and then writing a paper. It should be about adventures. From now on I am going to try to find more adventure in everyday things. I would like to relax and reflect more often as well, though I don't think I will be in a relaxed state for a while and in some ways this blog helps me to reflect. Anywho, everyone needs to go look for adventure and worry less about what will happen to them when they are forty. Live life and be more like The Dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home