Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My Archenemy and Bicycling

A while ago I posted an entry about a guy on a bike that swerved over to my car window to yell at me for pulling up too far into the street and then proceeding to fall off his bike. Well, I bumped into him today...again. This time the jerk is riding in the middle of the road that goes into my subdivision and spacing off. He is watching oncoming traffic but does not bother to look behind him when he decided to pull a 180 in the middle of the street and go the opposite direction...which would have been the side of my car had he not seen me in time. Dipstick. At least he didn't fall of his bike this time. I have decided he is my archenemy.

Earlier today, I took a bike ride with Demonator. I haven't seriously ridden a bike for almost eight years so I eased back into the sport by going on a 23.5 mile ride up to a place called Lucky Peak. Needless to say, my butt is killing me...and my legs...and my neck. Yeah, I'm out of shape and my tender bottom is not used to the hard molded plastic of a bike seat with very little padding. I think I will be fixing that soon.

No news yet on my history class but I am still hopeful. They have three more days to either publicly post the position or go into emergency hiring mode. In the emergency mode my chances of getting hired are extremely good so that is what I am hoping for. We shall see. More news tomorrow, same Bat time, same Bat webpage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home