Thursday, August 19, 2004

Job Denied!!!

Well, as you have probably guessed from the title, I did not get the teaching position I was hoping for. Am I disappointed? Yes, but also a tad relieved. The downside is that it would have been great experience, extra money, and a bit of fun. The upside is now I can have a relatively simple life for a few months and just focus on coasting at my job and coming home to chill and hang out with friends. I am annoyed at myself however because I was way too sure that I was going to get the job and got way too worked up about it. I guess I just figured I had a better chance of landing the job than I actually did. Though I also thought I was the only one applying for the job too. Odds definitely deminish when five other people get interviewed that all have more experience than you. Yeah. Oh well, time to move on.

One thing I was looking forward to was the fact that I could actually study and use history and be a historian. I think I am going to actively start writing my book about the history of malls and shopping again. I need to do something history related. We will see. Anywho, my buddy Tony is coming into town this weekend so that will be cool to hang out with him for a bit. Other than that, it looks to be a pretty quiet and normal next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home