Saturday, August 28, 2004

Dogsitting

My parents have two dogs, Lucky and Bungie. These dogs, Lucky especially, are treated better than most humans are. My mom has been known to stop at McDonalds and get them cheeseburgers from time to time. Yeah. So tonight my parents are out of town and they asked me to stay at their house and watch the dogs overnight. No big deal. I get to watch a 50" Toshiba and DVDs all night, somehow I will be able to manage.

The wierd part of the whole ordeal has been the fact that I lived in this house a little more than two months ago and it already is starting to become unfamiliar to me. My mom has repainted different rooms in the house, including my old bedroom. The 10' x 10' space that once housed all of my earthly belongings is now this bright yellow color and has become my dad's office. My brother and I's bathroom has been repainted and remoddelled and new glowing light switches have replaced some of the old ones. It is all very odd.

To top off this unsettling revamping of the house, I have already started to forget the location of light switch panels located on various walls and I have started forgetting which cupboards house what. I haven't been gone that long and yet I am losing the feel for the house that I have spent most of my teenage and adult life in up to this point. It is all very Twilight Zone-ish. Fortunately my brother's room hasn't changed so I am sleeping in here tonight. He is out of town with his girlfriend I think so he won't be needing his bed this evening.

I am tired, yet skeptical of how well I am going to sleep tonight. Not only am I in an increasingly alien environment but I have both of the kids...err...dogs vying for real estate on the bed. I am also not a big fan of the fact that when I wake up in the morning, Mushi won't be laying next to me; something that I have grown very accustomed to and fond of over these last couple of months. It is funny to think that I have been married now for more than two months. Anywho, I am going to try and get some sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home