Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Can't Sleep...

It could be that Mushi and I didn't get out of bed until almost 2pm today or it could be that I have a lot of stuff on my mind, either way I is almost 4am and I can't sleep. My head has been filling with all sorts of ideas for the US History class I will hopefully be able to teach in a few weeks and I think that is a large part of my insomnia. I am one of those people that once they get an idea in their head or get excited about something they can't rest until the ideas have been written down or enacted. It is stupid but it almost feels like Christmas Eve I am so excited for that history class.

The one thing that kind of sucks about not sleeping right now is that I have to get up in four hours. Demonator and I are bike riding in the morning. Hopefully, this is something that I will start to make a habit of. It is time for me to get into better shape.

Anywho, back to the history class. I have been thinking about various movies I can show throughout the course of the year and I think I will type up a list of them next. If anyone has any good ideas for movies, please let me know. Suggestions are welcome. One flick I will definitely show is "Atomic Cafe", if there was ever a movie about the Cold War that deserves mentioning it is that film. I love it and I think the kids will too. It is sickly funny how much fun nuclear war can be and what people thought of it in the Sixties and Fifties.

I have also been thinking about weekly things I will have the kids do, like Current Events. I am a big fan of current events because I think it is important for kids to realize what is going on around them and how things in various parts of the globe affect them. I have also been thinking about term papers that I will probably have the kids write. It is important for them to know how to analyze and communicate their ideas in a written fashion. They will be doing that in one way or another for the rest of their lives so they need the practice.

The other cool thing about this class is that it makes me a proffesional teacher and what does that mean? Tax write offs for DVD purchases and other things like that. Now I can get "Band of Brothers" and not feel bad about blowing $90 on it! Anyways, I am going to write some of this stuff down and then try to sleep again. Night Night!

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am one of those people that once they get an idea in their head or get excited about something they can't rest until the ideas have been written down or enacted."


I know exactly what you mean. This can be both a good thing and a bad thing. It is bad in that it deprives you of sleep and it is good in that it demonstrates you are truly excited about your vocation. If you can be excited about your job, life is that much easier. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home