Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Odd Happenings During A Slow Couple of Days

Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days, nothing of great interest has been going on. There have been several quirky things that have popped up, however, so I will share those with you.

First, the workplace. This past Saturday my work had one of its bi-annual inventories. What a ton of fun that was. At my workplace, inventories are an entertaining time, a time when we find out just how much has been ripped off in a six month period of time. My employers are ok with theft as long as it does not reach more than one percent of the entire sales total. What does this mean? It means that my work is okay with fifteen year olds with nothing better to do, coming in and ripping off DVDs and video games so long as the total dollar amount they rip off does not exceed $100,000.00 in a sixth month period of time. It almost makes me want to start stealing things but alas, my morals and my conscience will not let me do this. Anywho, the key to doing inventory in a warehouse the size of mine is looking busy. Spyder Mayhem and I spent almost 45 minutes walking around and talking about City of Heroes while the people around us hastily counted the merchendise in the store. We then snuck out early. I get a gold star for my work ethic.

Second, the homefront. Mushi (my wife) has started her own blog and I have created a link to it that can be seen on my sidebar. Go Mushi! BTW she and I kind of live in a slightly ghetto neighborhood of Boise and to highlight this fact let me tell a story of what we saw tonight as we drove to the store. There is a lady that lives on a street close to ours that enjoys sitting out in her driveway and watching traffic pass. This is all and good except for the lady is large...very large....and she enjoys watching the people pass in nothing more than a pair of sweat pants and a bra. I am personally surprised there are not more accidents on that street. Well, tonight Mushi and I drove past her house and she was not in her driveway but in some bushes on the side of the street. What was she doing there, your guess is as good as mine. The upside is, she was at least a little more clothed this evening than usual. If I can I will get a picture of her someday but she is quick for her size and can sense it when I am going to drive by to try and catch a glimpse of her. Wily she is, this strange urban beast. Lastly, my brother and his girlfriend came over for dinner the night before last and that was a good time. I used my new barbeque for the first time and made some excellent tasting steaks. I will post my marinade recipe sometime.

Third, the computer front. Well, my trip to City of Heroes has been delayed. I borrowed Spyder's discs to install the game but it wants a different serial key because he already has the key listed for his account. I am going to have to buy the game just for the key. I did not want to buy the game because I was already going to pay $15 a month to play it and did not want to spend more, but what do ya do? The past few days have been aggravating because my main system is still acting up and being a little whore. It keeps randomly rebooting! I tried uninstalling SP 2 but this had no effect, which leads me to believe the problem is in the RAM or the CPU heat. I will probably disassemble my system in the next couple of days and put everything back together slowly until I can determine the problem. I fear the issues might be related to my earlier power surge that I wrote about on here more than a month ago. If my sytem can just hang on a couple of months, an upgrade is just around the corner.

As I have said, the past few days have been pretty run of the mill. I am getting used to the new house and being a husband and all of the fun that coems with it. I am not being sarcastic when I say this, being married is a blast. The next few days should be a little more interesting than the past few. I am modding another Xbox on Saturday and am probably going to try soundproofing my big system soon as well. That may come when I take it apart to try to fix the rebooting problem. Anywho, expect more from the blog in the upcoming days as they should be more eventful. Good Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home