Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I'm BAACCKK!!

Hey everybody!

And then you are supposed to say back, "Hi, Dr. Nick!"

Ok that was a stupid Simpsons moment, my apologies. You have probably guessed that I am back from my rockin' honeymoon, if you haven't guessed that, too bad. Seattle was fun and if you ever get a chance to go there check out the Sci-Fi Museum and the Experience Music Project. Both were very cool museums and well worth the cost of admission. The part that I found kind of funny about the Sci-Fi museum was who contributed most of the artifacts that nerds like myself gawked at. None other that Microsoft co-founder, Paul Allen. As I wandered around the exhibits, I could not help but notice that more than half of the stuff came from Paul Allen's "private collection". And I thought I was a packrat, damn. Rayguns, props from "This Island Earth", and other B-movies from the Fifties, Paul Allen collected it all. The museum is basically an extension of his house. I knew he threw a bunch of money in to start up the project but I did not think he donated a good portion of the items as well. What ever gets ya off I guess. Then again, if I was worth several billion dollars I would probably collect some pretty wierd stuff too....like midgets. Sometime I will write I whole entry on the vertically challenged and probably offend someone by doing so.

Anywho, now that the honeymoon is over comes the fun part, cleaning the damned house. I would say that 98% of my belongings are finally over here. Now we just have to find room for them. And when we are done finding room for that stuff, we then have to make room for our wedding presents. Becca and I are opening those on Saturday and by the looks of it, we have a ton of them. Becca and I opened a couple before we left for Washington and one item we received was an Ice Cream Maker from my buddy's family. This is supertight. This is tighter than Dick's hatband. Don't ask. I, like many chubby people around the globe, appreciate a good ice cream cone every now and then. Now I will be able to produce my own arcane but tasty flavors. Ahh...the world is mine. We also got a rummikub set, coffee maker, griddle, and some spoons. Getting married is like having Christmas twice in one year. This is not something I expected but I am not going to complain. BTW, if you have never played rummikub and like domino-esque games check it out. Its quite entertaining.

Lastly, I stumbled across I very good deal for those who like Linux. Go to this link:

http://www.novell.com/community/linux/order.php

You get 10gigs worth of Linux isos from Novell for free. Yes, FREE! Most of them are SUSE Linux but there is other stuff as well. Phear, this one is for you. All you have to do is fill out shipping info and some IT related questions and the stuff is yours. I just got my confirmation email from Novell so it is definitely a legit deal.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time.

Yeah, when I found out about the SuSE deal, I signed up as fast as I could. Can't wait until it arrives. :)

- HungSquirrel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home