Monday, June 21, 2004

Improvements Needed

As I look over this blog, I know it is lacking. One key element I am plan on implementing is the use of pictures. I have a bunch of pics I would love to upload to the site I just haven't had time to do so. For those of you who actually read this thing, be patient, pictures are coming.

Other ideas I have tossed around are as follows: I would like to make one post a week on video games. I play tons of them and have many opinions about them. I would also like to do a weekly diatribe on a given historical topic. I am a historian after all. Do you think the implentation of theme days is a good idea?

Another thing I would like reader input on is the use of sidebars, hit counters, and other web applications. What do you think of them, what is overkill, and what is worthless? I am new to this stuff and would like to get this blog up to speed so it stands out amongst others a little more. Any advice is appreciated.

On another note, I think I am going to go into another bout of Civilization 3 playing again. Civ 3 is easily one of my favorite PC games out there right now. If you like strategy, history, and conquering third world countries that still have knights with your armament of ICBMs, I strongly suggest you pick this game up.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only been blogging a month, but I've been reading them for a while now. I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I feel blogs are more interesting to read when the author incorporates something of his interests and hobbies into the blog. Odds are that even if the readers don't share a huge interest in the subject, some will find it interesting enough to read regularly.

I, for example, would definitely read your blog on a regular basis if you started the history section. I don't read a lot about history on my own, but I find some aspects of history interesting to a certain extent.

I probably wouldn't have anything to write about at all if I didn't have anything on my blog about computing or politics, so at least my interests keep content coming. :) Maybe it will work like that for you.

- HungSquirrel

 
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have a solution for the picture side of the syte. I'll get back to you on that.

-Number2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home